Have you ever reached a pivotal moment in your life, wondering what you want to be, do or have for the next few years or longer? It's kind of like I was when I started this whole journey into starting my own business a few years ago.
Let’s face it, as women, we are facing milestones and moments throughout our lives that send us searching for connection, support and answers just to get through the day sometimes. And at other times...we’re just in a rut.
If you’re anything like I was when I needed a change, I was getting ready to leave a very stable full-time job, but afraid to do it (because who was I to do something like that when I had a few degrees under my belt and my family depended on me….the list continued). This was the story I had told myself over and over until the stress of my routine became too much. Finally, sick of feeling stressed, angry, resentful, frustrated and unable to control my own life, I made a decision to realize I was in control of my own decisions.
But you don’t have to let it get that far.
Sometimes, all you have to do is change a few simple things to see a huge impact. For instance, changing your mindset alone can make a huge difference in your life. Then, you can follow some simple changes to achieve clarity in your goals and go after them.
To be fair, we all let our needs go from time to time. Here's why you may have:
- Because you’re busy taking care of other people in your life. It happens.
- Or maybe you are used to living up to someone else’s expectations, which isn’t an easy habit to change.
- Maybe you spent a ton of money on a degree that landed you a job that you just can’t imagine doing for the rest of your life, but you’re afraid to quit, because what would your family and friends think? Or your colleagues?
- Or maybe you can’t stand the thought of working full time and being away from your kids all day and want to work from home, but don’t know how and feel like it could never be an option for you. These things just don’t apply to you, right?
- Maybe you let the stress go so long that you’re just angry and frustrated all the time and don’t know where to place the blame, so you just stay angry and frustrated.
How I did it:
I dug deep and used my research skills to learn everything I could. And then I applied what worked. I still do it every day. I boiled most of it down to a few key changes.
You can always see a life coach or go to woo woo retreats or try therapy or read the 100 books and blogs I did. Or just take some simple steps like -- I’ll save you the 100 books, blogs and time and just give you the best of what I learned.
You can find out more here: