What does your skin crave this summer?
If it could use a little exfoliation before you hydrate and moisturize after those beach days, give it what it deserves with the skin-loving fun of a salt or sugar scrub.
The Sugar Scrub Quick Facts
- Sugar body scrubs are popular for their exfoliating and moisturizing properties, two essential elements of any skincare routine.
- Our skin is constantly collecting a layer of dead skin cells that it will eventually release, unless of course it decides to hang around and clog pores - no fun.
- The basic sugar scrub can help to exfoliate, or scrub away, that layer of dead skin, leaving the healthy glow behind that we all seek while adding moisture via oils & butters your skin will drink right up.
Want to try your own? Let's get started!
Grab a few key ingredients and you are ready to go. You will need a clean glass or stainless steel bowl and measuring set, plus a spoon. Finally, choose a jar to store your scrub in that will leave it airtight once you are finished.
- 3/4 cup of sugar - You can use organic cane, granulated, brown sugar or sugar in the raw.
- 1/4 cup of oil - You can use a variety here as well: grape seed, olive, fractionated coconut.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vitamin E Oil
- Mix up your sugar then add the oils in a little at a time until you reach the texture you desire.
- Store in an airtight jar and keep it on the counter.
- Use a small scoop to exfoliate in the shower or bath.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- That's it!