Let's talk (again) about how much I love Green Tea and what it can do for you in your daily life. Green tea is not only a soul tonic, but it gives you a refreshing boost of energy that is simply packed with healthy benefits.
Today, we'll focus on matcha tea, the favorite of Buddhist monks and Japanese tea traditionalists for centuries. Let's see what they know that we don't, shall we?
The benefits of green tea:
- History shows us that Buddhist monks considered it a health tonic and drank the matcha version prior to meditation for the sense of 'calm alertness' that accompanied it. Who doesn't want to feel calmly alert, as opposed to the jittery alert from our morning Joe?
- Matcha tea, in particular, contains extra chlorophyll as it is grown in a gentle manner to prevent oxidation and to maintain the vibrant green color; thus, the powerhouse of antioxidants that it is known for - all intact!
- Matcha tea contains L-theanine to boost alpha waves in the brain, those little guys responsible for relaxation. The monks knew what they were talking about.
- Need help concentrating? Think of your daily dose as a yoga practice, minus the downward dog. Green tea provides mental alertness with crave.
- Ease into your day with the benefit of matcha tea powder that carries a host of fiber your body will thank you for.
Do you need to use the matcha version to get all of the benefits? Of course not. Green tea steeped in the traditional way carries so many benefits all on its own. Here are a few of my secrets for health and vitality that you can use with your matcha or traditional green tea.
Create my Powerhouse-of-Greens Smoothie
- Filtered water
- a scoop of matcha powder
- Spinach or kale
- A dash of cilantro and a handful of parsley (I know, but trust me these have their own fabulous properties and I get them in this way)
- Spirulina powder - teaspoon
- A pinch of Hawaiian Dulse (get on amazon - make sure you get the Hawaiian version of this seaweed)
- A scoop of avocado
- Frozen mango cubes if you need to sweeten
Steep your Green Tea
- Have a cup in the morning and afternoon
- Add a squeeze of lemon
Use it in your skincare routine
No excuses! You have so many ways to get some green tea (matcha or otherwise) into your day. Let me know what you think after you try one or more of these by dropping a note in the comments.
In the meantime, you can get discounts to try out the skincare and become automatically eligible for my monthly raffle of free products by signing up here