Ever thought about how nice it would be to easily make decisions for yourself?
The kind of decisions you could make without waiting for permission
Or the kind you feel the need to explain away
If you're anything like me, you have been caught up in this spiral at one time or another. It looks something like this:
- You want to make plans, but you're a mom, a wife, a friend, a sister ---so many people are depending on you. You ask first.
- You want to buy that thing you have always wanted, but you need to get permission from your spouse ...or your grocery budget.
- You want to say no to a party or job or event you just don't have the time or energy to attend to, but instead of saying no, you explain the million reasons why you can't...and probably do it anyway.
- You ask ten people before you figure out if you should do that thing you feel like you want to do or have to do or that someone else is doing that looks like a great idea.
Wow, it's exhausting just to read that isn't it?
So, what's the answer when you need to get out of the spiral in your head and become the Queen of your own darn Universe?
- Start with a simple yes or no -- and stop explaining yourself. You can be polite and still be firm. This actually shows more confidence than the latter behavior.
- Ask yourself first. You're the one who has to live with the decisions you make in your life. It's a simple philosophy if you really think about it. How much does anyone else really care as much as you care what it is you are doing?
- Instead of asking, try asserting your plans. See what happens.
- Try creating some intentions or affirmations to get your brain trained around this concept if it feels a little strange at first. They work!
Confession time: The Queen Bee is a favorite soap in the new collection because I relate to her message on so many levels. She not only brings purifying goodness to cleanse from the outside in, there are some helpful intentions in the package to guide you along the way....because we can all use a little help, even when we're Queen of Our darn Universe.