I use Vitamin E in nearly every skincare product I make. It is simply a staple in my creams, balms and solid lotion. Today, I decided to share why it is so important to me and why I insist on using it to formulate products for my customers.
• If you have ever dealt with scarring, free radicals interfere with the skin's ability to heal. This is where Vitamin E comes in and helps facilitate the healing process.
• If you are like me, you have always had an aloe plant in your kitchen. It's the first thing I grab if I get a burn while cooking and it is the only thing that soothes my skin. It just makes sense that it belongs in my products.
• It is thought to help moisturize the skin, so in addition to key oils and butters, Vitamin E goes into the cream mixture every time.
• Vitamin E is like an army of one fighting against all of the attacks waged on your skin every day. It neutralizes free radicals and is therefore thought to fight against signs of aging. I don't know about you, but I'll take all the help I can get in that area!
• Our skin is exposed to UV light, chemicals, pollution, smoke...we need something to help combat those effects. Vitamin E is our guard against all of them.
• Vitamin E nourishes the skin, so in addition to maintaining hydration, sleeping well and eating well, it is a lovely complement to any skincare routine.
• It is a heavy emollient that can even help cleanse. Try a dot on your cotton pad to remove make-up.
Now, go and get yourself an aloe plant if you don't have one and try some products that contain Vitamin E today!